One year after we kicked off the hugely successful Tiny Race series, Zwift Insider is spinning up a new series unlike anything you’ve seen before on Zwift.
In contrast to our Tiny Races (4 races in 1 hour), the Epic Series is all about going big. Tackle Zwift’s toughest routes with us. And do it as a group ride or a race. You choose!
The initial series comprises six 4-week blocks, and each block’s routes are tougher than the previous block. Each 4-week block is structured like this:
- Week 1 – Mini Epic Ride: a group ride on a challenging 3-bidon route from our Printable List of Zwift Routes by Difficulty.
- Week 2 – Mini Epic Race: a race on the same route as Week 1.
- Week 3 – Epic Ride: a group ride on a very challenging 4+ bidon route from our Printable List of Zwift Routes by Difficulty.
- Week 4 – Epic Race: a race on the same route as week 3.
The series is structured this way for a few reasons:
- Holding group rides and races helps racers and non-racers alike earn the harder route badges and push themselves to new limits.
- Mini Epics provide a challenging option for riders who aren’t yet able to take on the full Epic events.
- Group rides give racers the option of a recon ride one week before racing.
- Routes get more challenging with each 4-week block so you can build endurance and conquer Zwift’s six toughest routes.
Routes and Event Times
Epic Series events are scheduled each weekend starting August 19th, with six timeslots to choose from:
- Saturdays: 6:30am, 12:30pm, 6:30pm UTC (11:30pm, 5:30am, 11:30am PDT)
- Sundays: 9:30am, 3:30pm, 9:30pm UTC (2:30am, 8:30am, 2:30pm PDT)
|Aug 19-20||Mini Epic Ride||Mountain 8||32.5km||677m|
|Aug 26-27||Mini Epic Race||Mountain 8||32.5km||677m|
|Sep 2-3||Epic Ride||Quatch Quest||46.2km||1683m|
|Sep 9-10||Epic Race||Quatch Quest||46.2km||1683m|
|Sep 16-17||Mini Epic Ride||Bigger Loop||53.6km||678m|
|Sep 23-24||Mini Epic Race||Bigger Loop||53.6km||678m|
|Sep 30-Oct 1||Epic Ride||The Pretzel||72.7km||1333m|
|Oct 7-8||Epic Race||The Pretzel||72.7km||1333m|
|Oct 14-15||Mini Epic Ride||Lutscher||24.5km||828m|
|Oct 21-22||Mini Epic Race||Lutscher||24.5km||828m|
|Oct 28-29||Epic Ride||Mega Pretzel||111km||1659m|
|Nov 4-5||Epic Race||Mega Pretzel||111km||1659m|
|Nov 11-12||Mini Epic Ride||Road to Sky||17.6km||1046m|
|Nov 18-19||Mini Epic Race||Road to Sky||17.6km||1046m|
|Nov 25-26||Epic Ride||Four Horsemen||90.4km||2111m|
|Dec 2-3||Epic Race||Four Horsemen||90.4km||2111m|
|Dec 9-10||Mini Epic Ride||Tour of Fire & Ice||28.1km||1184m|
|Dec 16-17||Mini Epic Race||Tour of Fire & Ice||28.1km||1184m|
|Dec 23-24||Epic Ride||The Über Pretzel||128.8km||2381m|
|Dec 30-31||Epic Race||The Über Pretzel||128.8km||2381m|
|Jan 6-7||Mini Epic Ride||La Reine||22.9km||1205m|
|Jan 13-14||Mini Epic Race||La Reine||22.9km||1205m|
|Jan 20-21||Epic Ride||The PRL Full||173.8km||2628m|
|Jan 27-28||Epic Race||The PRL Full||173.8km||2628m|
Epic Series Rules
Epic Series group rides are open-paced events with only one category. Just jump in and find a group going your speed. You do you!
Each Epic Series race event is a standalone event (no series GC) using the following rules:
- Only Feathers: only feather powerups will be given. Because mountains.
- Zwift’s category-enforcing pace groups are used. All categories will start together and be visible to each other, to give riders a maximum chance of having others to ride with on the long routes.
- Heart rate monitors are required.
- Smart trainer/smart bike or power meter required. ZPower/Virtual power is not allowed.
Questions or Comments?