There are currently 50 rider “levels” in Zwift. Everyone begins at level 1, and you move to higher levels by accumulating XP (experience) points.
You can see your current level while riding just below your center console which shows speed, distance, elevation and ride time. Below those numbers there is a progress bar with your current level on the left.
When you level up you will receive a notice in-game similar to the image above.
How Do I Get XP (Points)?
Points are added for every km (20 XP) or mile (30 XP) you ride. Points are added soon after each km or mile ticks over, unless you are in workout mode, where points are added after you complete a block. You will see a small alert to the right of your center console when points are added.
Sorry, America: since a kilometer is equal to .621 miles, you will accumulate XP slightly faster if you ride in metric units. (100km=2,000 XP, while the equivalent mileage, 62.13=1864 XP.)
You also get additional XP for the Large or Small Bonus power ups, and 10 points when you complete a KOM or sprint section.
Where Do I See My XP?
While in game, click “Menu”. Your current XP progress is shown on the main screen.
XP for Runners
Runners also receive XP points, but on a different scale and at different intervals. Runners are awarded 10 XP for every .25km, or 15 XP for every .25 miles. Learn more about Zwift Run points, levels, and unlocks >
Here is what you unlock at each level, and the number of accumulated XP points needed to level up.
- Zwift Kit
- Basic Kit 1 @ 1,000 XP
- Basic Kit 2 @ 2,000 XP
- 32mm Carbon Wheels @ 3,000 XP
- Specialized Allez @ 4,000 XP
- Classic Wheels @ 5,000 XP
- Steel Bike @ 7,000 XP
- Vintage Kit pack @ 10,000 XP
- Camo Jersey pack @ 13,000 XP
- ZIPP 808 @ 16,000 XP
- Digital Camo Jersey pack @ 19,000 XP
- ZIP 202 Wheels @ 23,000 XP
- Zwift Aero Bike @ 28,000 XP
- Zipp 404 Wheels @ 33,000 XP
- Level 15 jersey @ 38,000 XP
- Neon Kits @ 44,000 XP
- Parlee ESX @ 50,000 XP
- Classy Kits @ 56,000 XP
- Bontrager Aeolus 5 Wheels @ 62,000 XP
- Trek Madone + Level 20 Jersey @ 70,000 XP
- Mavic Cosmic CXR60c Wheels @ 78,000 XP
- Canyon Aeroad @ 88,000 XP
- Enve SES 6.7 Wheels @ 94,000 XP
- Cervelo S5 @ 100,000 XP
- Level 25 Kit @ 110,000 XP
- Zwift Oversize Glasses @ 121,000 XP
- S-Works Shoes @ 130,000 XP
- Dots Socks @ 140,000 XP
- S-Works Helmet @ 150,000 XP
- Level 30 Kit @ 170,000 XP
- Retro 80s Sunglasses (Oakley Eyeshades) @ 180,000 XP
- Newsy (Paperboy) Cap @ 190,000 XP
- Fluoro Gloves @ 200,000 XP
- Monochrome Kit @ 220,000 XP
- Mavic Shoes @ 230,000 XP
- Calories To Burn (Food) Socks @ 250,000 XP
- Bell Javelin Helmet @ 260,000 XP
- Vintage Gloves @ 280,000 XP
- Vintage Leather Shoes @ 290,000 XP
- Level 40 Kit @ 310,000 XP
- Zwift Rockstar Glasses @ 330,000 XP
- La Z Claire Kit @340,000 XP
- Retro 80s Helmet @ 360,000 XP
- Alpine Slopes (Ski) Kits @ 380,000 XP
- Giro Synthe Helmet @ 400,000 XP
- Prism Kits @ 420,000 XP
- Zwift Vintage Riding Goggles @ 440,000 XP
- Bont Shoes @ 460,000 XP
- Giro Vanquish Helmet @ 480,000 XP
- Level 50 Kit @ 500,000 XP
You can see previews of the kits mentioned above on our kits page.
Different bikes and wheelsets do affect your speed in-game. Visit our test lap data to find out the details.