There are currently 30 runner levels in Zwift. Everyone begins at level 1, and you move to higher levels by accumulating XP (experience) points. You can see your current level while running just below your center console which shows speed, distance, run time. Below those numbers there is a progress bar with your current level on the left. When you level up you will receive a notice in game similar to the image above.
How Do I Get XP (Points)?
Points are added for every 1/4 km (10 XP) or 1/4 mile (15 XP) you run. You will see a small alert to the right of your center console whenever points are added. Sorry, America: since a kilometer is equal to .621 miles, you will accumulate XP slightly faster if you ride in metric units. (10km=400 XP, while the equivalent mileage, 6.213=372 XP.)
You also earn 5 XP for every 100 calories burned.
Here is what you unlock at each level, and the number of accumulated XP points needed to level up.
- (0 XP) Default Orange Zwift / Blue Zwift Running Shirt
- (1000 XP) Running Outfit 3 (Purple Shorts/Green Shirt)
- (2000 XP) Sweatband
- (4000 XP) Running Outfit 4 (Blue Short/Black Shirt)
- (6000 XP) Running Outfit 5 (Grey Short/Hot Pink Shirt)
- (8000 XP) B&W Running Outfit 4 (Black Short/White Shirt)
- (10000 XP) Sun Visor
- (13000 XP) Neon Running Outfit (Neon Orange Short/Neon Yellow Shirt)
- (16000 XP) Running Outfit 5 (Sky Blue Short/Red Shirt)
- (20000 XP) The Fade (Red Short/Fire Fade Shirt)
- (24000 XP) UA HOVR (Under Armour HOVR smart shoes) 2-Pairs
- (28000 XP) Running Outfit 6 (Black with White Strip Shorts/White with Black Strip Shirt)
- (32000 XP) Running Outfit 7 (Navy Blue Shorts/Blue-Pink-Black Shirt)
- (37000 XP) Blue Suede Shoes
- (42000 XP) Running Outfit 8 (Black with Green Strip Shorts/Green Striped Shirt)
- (48000 XP) Hoka Cliftons (Hoka One One Clifton 4 shoes, 2 Pairs)
- (54000 XP) Running Outfit 9 (Light Green Shorts/Black Triangles Shirt)
- (60000 XP) Running Outfit 10 (Dark Green Shorts/Camo Green Shirt)
- (67000 XP) Green Shoes
- (74000 XP) Running Outfit 11 (Gray with Orange and Black Stripe Shorts/Blue and Orange Fade Shirt)
- (81000 XP) NB ZANTE V4 (New Balance Zante V4 shoes) 2-Pairs
- (88000 XP) Orange Tank (with matching shorts)
- (95000 XP) Cute Animal Socks
- (102000 XP) Blue Tank (with matching shorts)
- (109000 XP) Saucony Endorphin Pro shoes
- (117000 XP) Bold Color SunVisor
- (125000 XP) Monochrome Pattern Tank (with matching shorts)
- (133000 XP) Cute Fruit Socks
- (141000 XP) Fluoro Tank (with matching shorts)
- (149000 XP) Adidas Adios Pro shoes
Do I need to reach a certain level before I can create my own workouts? I do not get the same screen as described in the tips
It can be done manually.
I have done it and works. however, start from existing bike workout file then copy running workout code.
Does being at a higher level gain you access to routes?
I noticed today that you gain extra 5XP for every 100 calories you burn.
I’ve wondered what the additional little +5 pop ups were for!
For group runs what do the ABCD categories mean?
This segmentates the runners into different groups. A being the fastest and D being the slowest.
I have comoleted a couple of courses during meetups and training programs and I do not get the badge!! Any reason why?
Not all routes have a running badge.
Does anybody know if shoes have stats? Are any shoes faster than others?
I doubt it as speed is being directly picked up for running vs power for cycling.
Here’s an odd one I hope someone can explain: Today I “graduated” from level 5 to level 6 in running and was instantly about 30% into level 6 (as indicated by the orange level progress bar). Is this a glitch or did I black out for a 20 mile run there?
Maybe you completed a certain run course. You earn a certain amount of points if you complete a course which would at a large bit in the progress bar
Do you get more XP when running in workout mode?
Yes you do. You collect usual distance XP (20/30) as well as XP for reaching each segment target. Full star is 100%. Half star is 70% and no star is 5XP.
Are routes unlocked with higher running levels? Which ones? Alpe Du Zwift? Is there a list? The one above is only for Avatar gear.
On this page there are 3 lines of code under the image? and more lower down
My xp are not loading or updating to my run mode when I went up a level they stopped uploading
on ride mode there’s no problem with this
app is updated not sure what else I can try
I was at 118,603 and now I’m back at 81,000? Seriously? We get no credit for all those miles?
You do get credit for them. Read the part about accelerated leveling under the new run levels section here: https://zwiftinsider.com/update-1-33-0-107174/
> “Grey with Orang and Black Strip Shorts/Blue and Orange Fade Shirt”
Should be “Gray” (if U.S.), “Orange”, and “Stripe”.
Fixed, thanks! That’s what I get for copy-pasting stuff from Zwift 🙂