Zwift has just announced this year’s Off the MAAP series, a multi-stage cycling tour returning for its fourth year to the platform. This series targets Australia (where MAAP is based), but event times open it up to riders worldwide.
Thanks to a fun mix of courses and kit unlocks this series is always very popular, with hundreds of thousands having participated over the years. Each stage is based on a different theme and includes three different route options.
Learn more and sign up at zwift.com/offthemaap
Route and Schedule Details
Each of the 4 stages lasts 4-5 days. Events are scheduled throughout the day for the duration of each stage, so you’ll certainly be able to find a ride that fits your schedule. Each stage gives you the option of three different routes, with A being the more difficult route, B a bit easier, C easier still, and D being the same as B except it’s for women only.
Registration opens July 25th at zwift.com/offthemaap.
Stage 1: Temp Check (Aug 1-5)
With routes that can be easily finished by riders of all levels, this first stage is a bit of a warm-up. Get those legs spinning, unlock the headband, and set your sights on the next three stages!
- A: Makuri Islands Wandering Flats, 1 Lap (26.1km, 145m)
- B: France R.G.V., 1 Lap (24.1km, 107m)
- C: London Classique, 2 Laps (16.5km, 38m)
- D (Women Only): France R.G.V., 1 Lap (24.1km, 107m)
Stage 2: Turn the Heat Up (Aug 6-9)
As we add elevation and length to our routes, things get a bit more serious. We’re in the tropics for this stage, riding in Makuri Islands, Zwift’s newest map.
- A: Makuri Islands Temple and Towers, 1 Lap (32.6km, 280m)
- B: Makuri Islands Castle to Castle, 1 Lap (22.4km, 139m)
- C: Makuri Islands Flatland Loop, 1 Lap (13km, 99m)
- D (Women Only): Makuri Islands Castle to Castle, 1 Lap (22.4km, 139m)
Stage 3: Cloud Hopping (Aug 10-13)
Stage 3 is the Queen Stage, the toughest of our four stages thanks to plenty of climbing. Are you ready to go up-up-up? Be sure to grab a climbing bike from your Zwift garage (read “Fastest Climbing Bike Frames and Wheels at Each Zwift Level“).
- A: Innsbruck Achterbahn, 1 Lap (47.4km, 973m)
- B: Watopia Climber’s Gambit, 1 Lap (27.9km, 670m)
- C: Watopia Volcano Climb, 1 Lap (22.8km, 192m)
- D (Women Only): Watopia Climber’s Gambit, 1 Lap (27.9km, 670m)
Stage 4: Victory Lap (Aug 14-17)
You did it! Welcome to the final stage, where you’ll ride multiple laps of short routes. Treat it like a criterium race, treat it like a social spin. The important thing is to finish and unlock that sweet Off the MAAP kit!
- A: Paris Champs-Élysées, 7 Laps (49.4km, 238m)
- B: Makuri Islands Neokyo Crit Course, 8 Laps (31.2km, 120m)
- C: Crit City Bell Lap, 9 Laps (17.1km, 72m)
- D (Women Only): Makuri Islands Neokyo Crit Course, 8 Laps (31.2km, 120m)
If you miss a stage, make-ups will be scheduled from August 18-22 AEST.
Sign up at zwift.com/offthemaap
Is this a race?
Not officially – Off the MAAP events are set up as group rides and won’t count toward ZwiftPower ranking points. That said, it only takes two riders on the same route to make a race!
Many riders will be racing these events, and if you want to go hard you are free to do so. But be warned: categories are for course selection only, and have no w/kg boundaries.
There are three separate unlocks for this series: a headband, socks, and the new 2022 MAAP kit:
- Finish 1 stage to unlock the headband
- Finish 2 stages to unlock the socks
- Finish all 4 stages to unlock the kit (jersey + bibs)
Like the in-game kit? Series finishers (all 4 stages) will be sent a link where they can purchase the exclusive IRL kit from MAAP:
Questions or Comments?