Zwift’s Women’s Racing Series keeps gaining steam, becoming perhaps the biggest weekly women-only race event on the calendar. With series #2 wrapping up this week, the next set of 6 races has just been announced!
This is a 6-week series featuring different types of races: an iTT, two short scratch races, and 3 points races. Riders accumulate points based on their weekly performance, and it all begins Tuesday, June 27th.
Series #2 Results
Here are the first-place winners in each timezone:
Racing Series #2 Winners
A: Shannon Kaplan (IRACELIKEAGIRL)
B: Stephanie Parker (SYNERGY)
C: Abby Bodenham
D: Stephanie White (HERD)
A: Louise Gamst (BL13)
B: Louise Deak (BMTR)
C: Louise Godfrey (eSRT)
D: Darja Vavpetič (VIRTUSLO)
Races happen on Tuesdays (Wednesdays in Australia/New Zealand) in four different timeslots:
- APAC: 10am UTC/6am EDT
- EMEA: 5:30pm UTC/1:30pm EDT/10:30am PDT
- Americas East: 7pm EDT/4pm PDT (9am AEST)
- Americas West: 9pm EDT/6pm PDT (11am AEST)
Route Details for Series #3
- Week 1 (June 27): Time Trial on Makuri Islands’ Mech Isle Loop
- 3 laps (12.2km), fastest course time decides the winner
- Week 2 (July 4): Scratch Race on Makuri Islands’ Rooftop Rendezvous
- 4 laps (17.9km), finishing position decides the winner
- Week 3 (July 11): Scratch Race on Watopia’s Sand and Sequoias
- 1 lap (14.1km), finishing position decides the winner
- Week 4 (July 18): Points Race on Makuri Islands’ Sprinter’s Playground
- 2 laps (24.9km), fastest segment times plus finishing position decide the winner
- Week 5 (July 25): Points Race on Watopia’s The Magnificent 8
- 1 lap (29.1km), fastest segment times plus finishing position decide the winner
- Week 6 (August 1): Points Race on New York’s Grand Central Circuit
- 4 Laps (28.8km), fastest segment times plus finishing position decide the winner
This is a points series where your result each week earns you a certain number of points. Those points are then tallied up for the overall 6-week series, with the highest points earners in each category and timeslot coming out on top.
Note: if you’re aiming for the overall victory you must always race at the same time each week. Points will not carry from one time zone to the other.
This series uses Category Enforcement to keep racing fair.
If you upgrade mid-series, your points cannot be transferred to your new category. If you think it is likely that you will upgrade during this series, please enter all races at the higher category.
These races are open to all women, but for your results to count, you must be wearing a heart rate monitor and using either a smart trainer or power meter. zPower riders will not be included in the overall results.
Never raced before on Zwift? This is a great place to start! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Sign up for ZwiftPower so you’ll be included in the final results
- Read How to Race on Zwift (Setup, Strategy, and More)
- Have fun! Just sign up and give it your best. You’ll get a great workout in with a bunch of amazing ladies!
Final results for each race can be found on ZwiftPower. Overall results are organized into leagues. Here are the links:
- APAC: https://zwiftpower.com/league.php?id=1772
- EMEA: https://zwiftpower.com/league.php?id=1773
- Americas East: https://zwiftpower.com/league.php?id=1774
- Americas West: https://zwiftpower.com/league.php?id=1775
Join the Club
This series is housed under the Zwift Ladies Only (ZLO) Club. You can join it here for easy access to these and other ladies-only events. I also recommend joining it on Facebook as that’s where most of the discussion happens. (Full disclosure: my lovely wife Monica is the main group admin!)
Questions or Comments?