Wobble Cycling Club has announced a new edition of the popular Wobble Sprint Series beginning this Saturday, September 23. It’s called a “sprint series” because each course includes a selection of sprint sections that award points toward your overall result. Read on for details!
League Structure and Categorization
This is a 10-stage series, with events each Saturday beginning September 23.
There are two leagues:
- Mixed races at 9:00, 14:15, and 18:00 GMT
- Ladies-only races at 18:00 GMT
Each race has categories A, B, C, and D starting separately and using category enforcement.
This is an individual competition, but there is also a team-based competition within the results.
Points and Primes
These are points races, so the winners of each race are determined by the total points earned during the race. Points are earned at sprints (primes) and the finish line as follows:
- All sprint sections will count even if they appear on a lead–in.
- First over the line – points 10 for 1st down to 1 for 10th.
- Fastest through section – points 10 for 1st down to 1 for 10th.
- Finishing position points awarded: 50 for 1st down to 1 for 50th. All others will be awarded 1 point.
- After the points are calculated each rider will be awarded points for the league: 20 for 1st down to 1 for 20th.
- The best 7 races will be taken for the overall league winners at the end of the season.
- Race 1: Glasgow Crit Circuit
- Race 2: Two Bridges Loop
- Race 3: Island Outskirts
- Race 4: Neokyo Crit Course
- Race 5: Tick Tock
- Race 6: The Fan Flats
- Race 7: Tempus Fugit
- Race 8: Classique
- Race 9: Fine and Sandy
- Race 10: Beach Island Loop
- Heart rate data is required
- Steering is enabled
- Z Power (virtual power) riders will not be included in the final results