Zwift has just released the news that Tour of Watopia 2020 will include “Tour of Watopia Live”. Here’s how Zwift describes it:
The night before each stage, get a preview of the stage to come as pro riders throw it down in a live race.
This sounds a lot like the Pro-Am Invitational Series Zwift organized for Tour de Zwift… except this ToW series includes overall series leaders jerseys (see below).
The ToW Pro-Am races will happen at 12pm PDT/7pm GMT the day before each new stage begins. Here’s the full 5-stage schedule:
- Stage 1 (Watopia Flat Route): 12pm PDT/7pm GMT March 8 – women’s race
- Stage 2 (Sand and Sequoias): 12pm PDT/7pm GMT March 12 – men’s race
- Stage 3 (Whole Lotta Lava): 12pm PDT/7pm GMT March 16 – women’s race
- Stage 4 (Jungle Circuit): 12pm PDT/7pm GMT March 20 – men’s race
- Stage 5 (Volcano Circuit CCW): 12pm PDT/7pm GMT March 24 – women’s AND men’s race
Points and Leader’s Jerseys
These races will be scored based on a points system, with the top-scoring men’s and women’s riders being given a yellow leader’s jersey to wear for the next race. The points system isn’t new (Zwift used it for Tour de Zwift’s races) but this is the first time we can remember Zwift giving an overall leader’s jersey to the points leaders. Cool stuff!
Women and men will each have three races, with the final points leaders after the third race being crowned the overall yellow jersey winners.
Where to Watch
We’ve also included each stream below, where it can be watched once Zwift goes live.