Flamme Rouge Racing (FRR) is back with their popular Tour Britannia! This tough race departs from New York on November 25th and covers 8 stages in 9 days for a total distance of 374km with 5,828 meters of climbing.
It’s the second tour of FRR’s season, following on the heels of their France tour in October which saw 1,400 competing. Tour Britannia will be even bigger, though. Registration numbers are already showing 126 teams with 1862 riders as of Friday, November 17th.
FRR Tour Distinctives
- 8 stages over 9 days
- 8 times per stage for easy scheduling: 06:00, 08:30, 11:00, 14:00, 18:00, 19:30, 00:30, 03:30 UTC
- iTT and Points races only – No TTT
- Everyone rides the same bike frame
- No powerups
- 9 rider classifications, named after peppers (the hotter the pepper, the spicier the competition!)
- Individual GC, Polka dot and Green jersey tables for each rider classification
- Two Racing PENs – Why? For better race starts
- Pen (A) For Male A/A+
- Pen (B) +2min delay – Mixed – All other riders
- Only one team is allowed per club, but each time can have unlimited riders of any class and gender. Your team’s top 8 rider results count for each stage.
- Read the rulebook for complete details
Tour Britannia Intro from Si Bradeley
Want a quick run-down of what makes Tour Britannia special, along with quick course previews? Check out this video from our friend Si:
Warning: all stages use custom (extra long) route lengths or multiple laps. Do your research!
- Nov 25 – Stage 1 “Grand Depart”: Everything Bagel
- 48km, 645m elevation
- Nov 26 – Stage 2 “London Looper”): Triple Loops
- 67km, 750m elevation
- Nov 27 – Stage 3 iTT “North & South”: City and the Sgurr
- 27km, 512m elevation
- Nov 29 – Stage 4 “Nessie Rollers”: The Muckle Yin
- 48km, 560m elevation
- Nov 30 – Stage 5 iTT “Well that’s Nice”: Tour of Tewit Well
- 33km, 612m elevation
- Dec 1 – Stage 6 “London Heart Breaker”: London 8 Reverse
- 42km, 500m elevation
- Dec 2 – Stage 7 “LEITHal Weapon” (the KINGs Stage): Surrey Hills
- 54km, 1250m elevation
- Dec 3 – Stage 8 “Hey Teacher”: Royal Pump Room 8
- 55km, 999m
To get started, visit the FRR homepage and click “Register Here” near the top. Registration will remain open until stage 1 is completed.
Cyclists Fighting Cancer Charity Association
FRR has linked up with Cyclists Fighting Cancer, a charity that helps young people recover from cancer. 20% of funds FRR raises are donated to CFC.
FRR has built a strong base and racer following over the past three years. Now they’ve announced they are joining forces with the founder of World Indoor Cycling Racing (WICR), Lee Wild!
Lee brings a wealth of experience in social media and marketing as well as the commercial relationships that are needed to push FRR forward. We’re looking forward to even bigger and better things from FRR!
Questions or Comments?