The third annual 24-hour “Ride On for World Bicycle Relief” Zwiftathon was a big success, with Zwifters worldwide coming together for Zwift’s biggest day ever!
Here are a few of the highlights:
- One rider rode 24 hours (read his story)
- One Ironman World Champion, 1 Grand Tour winner, 3 Tour de France Stage winners, but even more impressive, over 27,000 riders from 172 countries rode to support the cause
- 701,651 miles ridden (over 1,000,000 kilometers!)
- Nathan Guerra and his team at Zwift Community Live broadcasted a 24-hour live stream of various events. The stream showed the huge packs of riders, total mileage, donations and more.
- 174 Fundraising pages were created
- Trek Bikes put in a $40,000 donation in celebration of the true global effort!
- $156,000 raised (and counting) from over 1,100 separate donations, including one donation for $15,000!
And here are a few more interesting items (thanks to Zwift HQ for providing these numbers):
- Pizza slices burned: 77,882
- Highest attended ride: Matt Stevens’ GCN ride
- Countries represented in Africa that day with Zwifters: Angola and South Africa