Each year Zwift holds special events around Amgen Tour of California (TOC), and in 2018 they’re going bigger than ever with the tour starting in Long Beach (home of Zwift)! Here’s are the details…
7 Stages in 7 Days
May 13th through May 19th group rides will be held every hour on Watopia routes which are inspired by that day’s TOC route. If the pros climb, so will we! Just not nearly as much.
If you ride every stage you will cover 186km (116 miles) while climbing 1,802 meters (5,912′).
- Stage 1: Watopia Flat Route – May 13, Sunday
- Stage 2: Mountain Route – May 14, Monday
- Stage 3: Figure 8 – May 15, Tuesday
- Stage 4 Time Trial: Volcano Flat – May 16, Wednesday
- Stage 5: Road to Ruins – May 17, Thursday
- Stage 6: Volcano Climb – May 18, Friday
- Stage 7: Watopia Flat Route reverse – May 19, Saturday
Race/Not a Race
These rides are not races, but some riders will treat them as such. You get to decide how hard you want to go. Make it an easy ride, or make it a hard one. There are no prizes for finishing first!
- Each day one lucky Zwifter will be randomly chosen to win a signed 2018 Amgen Tour of California leader jersey and one pair of coveted ASSOS bib shorts. Complete 1 stage to be entered into 1 draw. Ride all 7 stages and you’ll be entered into all 7 draws, increasing your chances to win.
- Complete any stage and you will unlock the 2018 Amgen Tour of California kit.
How To Participate
Sign up on the Zwift Companion app or on your next Zwift login. Joining a group ride or race in Zwift >