Last week’s Tiny Races saw, for the first time ever, three different riders finish with a perfect record, winning all four races! Those riders were:
- Zone 1, A Category: Simen Nordahl Svendsen (Kalas eSRT)
- Zone 2, B Category: David Hivey (ART)
- Zone 3, D Category: Boris Buster
Simen, who cleaned up in the Zone 1 A group, is currently ranked 2nd in the world on ZwiftPower. Impressive!
Here’s a look at last Saturday’s winners, and this week’s Tiny Race routes.
Last Week’s Results
A: Simen Nordahl Svendsen (Kalas eSRT)
B: Chris Hoelzl (WattFabrik)
C: Evan Plouhinec (HEX)
D: John Feehan
A: B B (iSetta])
B: Bob McGlue (INC)
C: David Hivey (ART)
D: Ian Breslin (TFC)
A: Jason Mount (VCRT)
B: Örjan Brink (eSRT)
C: J P (DIRT)
D: Boris Buster
A: Laura Šimenc (Wahoo Le Col)
B: Kurai Uma
C: Nadine (WattFabrik)
D: Miho Shibata
B: Tammy Costain (Optimum)
C: Anne Vincent (ECF)
D: Hilde Rong (Vikings)
B: Justine Calder (COALITION)
C: Danielle Slaton
D: Lori Harasem (HERD)
This Week’s Route(s): Uphill Finishes
This week is for the w/kg powerhouses, as every race ends on a climb. And we’re not talking about quick uphill sprint finishes – each route ends in at least 2-3 minutes of climbing.
These are all new routes, too. Never before seen in the Tiny Race series!
- Race 1: Temples and Towers (5.286km, end atop Rooftop KOM)
Starting off pretty easy, this one ends on Neokyo’s Rooftop KOM which is very draftable, especially in the early portion.
- Powerup: none
- Race 2: Royal Pump Room 8 (6km, end on Otley Road climb)
This one is a bit lumpy, as Yorkshire routes always are. Ride a quick loop of the short upper circuit, grab a powerup, then come back by the start pens and head up Otley Road for the drag to the finish.
- Powerup: Feather x2
- Race 3: London Loop Reverse (3.43km, end partway up Fox Hill climb)
The flat start takes you over Tower Bridge and through the Underground tunnel, then it’s up, up up to the finish line partway up Fox Hill.
- Powerup: none
- Race 4: Sea to Tree (3.8km – 1 lap)
Ending with our longest climb of the day, we’ll begin on asphalt then hit the dirt to ascend up the Temple KOM to the finish at the arch in the giant mystical tree. You’ll want a gravel rig with name-brand wheels for this one.
- Powerup: none
Zwift displays preliminary race results in game when you cross the line, but points are computed after all four races are finished, with final results on ZwiftPower. (We have to do some data processing on our side to compute results, so if your rankings don’t show up right away, be patient.)
Riders will earn points based on finish position in each of the 4 Tiny Races. The category winner of each week’s series is the rider with the most points across their timezone’s 4 races. Here are the links for each timezone’s results on ZwiftPower:
- Zone 1 (9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST)
- Zone 2 (3pm GMT/10am EST/7am PST)
- Zone 3 (9pm GMT/4pm EST/1pm PST/Sunday 8am AEDT)
Tiny Race rules are simple. Four races, four rules:
- You must have a ZwiftPower account, because final results are processed by ZwiftPower (learn how to sign up)
- No skipping then returning. These races are meant to be raced as a set of 4. If you need to leave early, that’s fine… but once you miss a race in your hour’s set of 4, don’t come back and race another or you’ll be disqualified from that race since you rested while others were racing! (Example: racing only races 1 and 2 is fine. Racing 1, 2, and 4 is not – you will be DQ from race 4. And if you race 2, 3, and 4, you’ll be DQ from all those races, since you skipped race 1!)
- Heart rate monitors are required for podium finishers
- ZPower/Virtual power is not allowed. Smart trainer/smart bike or power meter required.
Join a Chat & Chill Cooldown
Immediately following each hour’s racing, we’ve scheduled 30-minute “Chat & Chill” events where riders from all categories can spin out their legs together and have some fun chatting about how it all went down. Find them at zwift.com/events/tag/tinyraces.
Questions or Comments