This week we’re kicking off the first-ever Zwift Insider Race/Ride Series with Thursday recon rides and Saturday races!
Each event is held on a former Rebel Route – routes originally created by the community and published here on Zwift Insider before they were officially added to the game. The series begins with Downtown Titans – a fairly short route with two punchy climbs to keep things spicy.
Zwift Insider Kit Unlock
Complete any recon ride or race and unlock the new Zwift Insider “Ride smarter, ride harder” kit:
Race and Recon Ride Schedule
Each week features two recon rides on the week’s featured route:
- Thursday @ 6:10pm GMT (7:10pm BST/2:10pm EDT/11:10am PDT)
- Friday @ 1:10am GMT (11:10am AEST/2:10am BST, Thursday 9:10PM EDT/6:10pm PDT)
These are leaderless group rides at no stated pace. Ride them as a recon for Saturday, or just because you want to earn a route badge, grab the Zwift Insider kit, or ride with friends!
The races happen in three timeslots each Saturday:
- 7:10am GMT (5:10pm AEST/8:10am BST/3:10am EDT/12:10am PDT) Sign up for week 1 >
- 12:10pm GMT (1:10pm BST/8:10am EDT/5:10am PDT) Sign up for week 1 >
- 5:10pm GMT (Sunday 3:10am AEST, Saturday 6:10pm BST/1:10pm EDT/10:10am PDT) Sign up for week 1 >
- Week 1 (May 7): Downtown Titans
- 1 lap: 25.4km, 295m
- Week 2 (May 14): Eastern Eight
- 1 lap: 54.1km, 412m
- Week 3 (May 21): Seaside Sprint
- 6 laps: 40.7km, 312m
- Week 4 (May 28): Three Little Sisters
- 1 lap: 38.4km, 437m
- Week 5 (June 4): Triple Flat Loops
- 1 lap: 36.4km, 162m
- Week 6 (June 11): Watopia’s Waistband
- 1 lap: 27.8km, 101m
Race Rules and Specifics
The rules for the race series aren’t much different from other Zwift races, but here’s what you need to know:
- Races are using Zwift’s new category enforcement tools to reduce sandbagging.
- Categories will start separately.
- Three race-friendly powerups will be given out at each banner: aero (helmet), draft boost (van), and lightweight (feather).
- Heart rate monitor required if you want to be included in the final results.
- Smart trainer or power meter required. ZPower riders will be removed from final results.
- Final results will be available on ZwiftPower.
Race League and Scoring
These are typical “scratch races”. You can treat each race as a standalone event, or go for the overall series win!
While these aren’t team-based points races like ZRL, there will be teams participating including DIRT, SISU Racing, and others. Bring teammates, implement tactics, work together to support your GC rider(s), and make the races interesting!
Questions or Comments