Zwift has just announced its second Tour of New York, happening December 18-20. The first ToNY was held in late October 2018 to celebrate the launch of the New York City map, and it was 5 stages long. This year’s ToNY is only three stages long, but each stage offers multiple length options.
Based on early signup numbers, ToNY 2020 will be a busy event! Of course, official Zwift tours are always popular, with several hundred riders participating in each ride.
If you don’t already have the ToNY kit from 2018, finish any stage of this year’s tour to unlock it for keeps.
Is It a Race?
Some (most?) riders will treat each event like a race, and a “Tour of New York” league has been set up on ZwiftPower to track results. But you can ride them however you’d like.
Event Schedule and Routes
Stage 1 (Dec 18): Park Perimeter Loop
- A Group: 4 laps (39.2km/24.4 miles, 504m/1653′ elevation)
- B Group: 2 laps (19.6km/12.2 miles, 252m/826′ elevation)
- C Group (ladies only): 3 laps (29.4km/18.3 miles, 378m/1240′ elevation)
Stage 2 (Dec 19): Grand Central Circuit
- A Group: 4 laps (28.8km/17.9 miles, 548m/1798′ elevation)
- B Group: 3 laps (22km/13.7 miles, 411m/1348′ elevation)
- C Group (ladies only): 4 laps (28.8km/17.9 miles, 548m/1798′ elevation)
Stage 3 (Dec 20): The 6 Train
- A Group: 6 laps (38.4km/23.9 miles, 366m/1200′ elevation)
- B Group: 4 laps (25.6km/15.9 miles, 244m/800′ elevation)
- C Group (ladies only): 5 laps (32km/19.9 miles, 305m/1000′ elevation)
Questions or Comments?