The Strava Smackdown Series p/b Zwift Insider is a new weekly competition where riders compete for fastest time on a specific Zwift segment, winning nothing more than bragging rights. (We’ll probably have some prizes in future rounds.) It’s a way to inject a little competition into your Zwift sessions, without taking on an entire race or committing to a particular group ride time.
We will announce the men’s and women’s top 3 podium here on Zwift Insider at the end of each week’s competition.
How to Enter
Entry is easy–the ride is the hard part!
Then ride the Hilly KOM forward segment and upload your ride to Strava. (Hint: the easiest way to ride that segment is to choose the “Hilly” route on Watopia. The Figure 8 route will get you there as well.)
Your segment time will be automatically shown on Strava Leagues after you save a Zwift session containing the Hilly KOM Forward segment to Strava. You’ll know exactly where you stand, so you can make another attempt if needed!
- You can ride any bike, use powerups, draft in a race–whatever gets you the fastest time without cheating.
- Each week’s round begins on Monday and runs through Sunday, UTC.
- Multiple attempts are allowed.
- Podium finishers will be verified using their Strava history, so if you’re on a setup which is over-reporting power you will be disqualified.
- Warm up beforehand. Your legs and heart will thank you.
- Use the world tag hack to ride on Watopia even if it’s a London or Richmond day.
- Post a pic of your segment time on this Zwift Riders Facebook thread for bragging rights.
Good luck everyone! Ride on!