This weekend is CVR’s World Cup finals at the Harry James Sports Centre in Vancouver, BC. Past CVR World Cups were held in Paris, London, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles but this weekend’s event will be the biggest yet, with top prizes of $10,000 going to the first-placed men’s and women’s race winners.
Here’s everything you need to know about this weekend’s racing:
Watching the Races
You may watch the racing via livestream online, or attend the event (tickets are free).
- Watch the live stream via cycleVIEW.tv, CVR’s proprietary streaming platform.
- Attend the event at the Harry James Sports Centre! Tickets are free and available on Eventbrite.
Race Schedule and Routes
There will be two days of racing, with five “mini-stages” raced in total over the weekend.
- Stage 1, “It Begins with Truth”: individual time trial on one lap of London’s Classique route.
- Stage 2, “Endurance Eliminator”: flat road race on two laps of the Greater London Flat.
- Stage 3, “Sky’s End”: London Loop forward route, 1 lap.
- Stage 4, “Fast & Furious”: two laps of London’s Classique route.
- Stage 5, “Sky’s Beginning”: London Loop reverse route, 1 lap.
- 9:45AM: Men’s Stage 1
- 10:15AM: Men’s Stage 2
- 1:15PM: Women’s Stage 1
- 1:50PM: Women’s Stage 2
- 8:45AM: Men’s Stage 3
- 9:15AM: Men’s Stage 4
- 9:45AM: Men’s Stage 5
- 12:15PM: Women’s Stage 3
- 12:50PM: Women’s Stage 4
- 1:25PM: Women’s Stage 5
Like the last couple CVR World Cup events, this is a points-based competition. But unlike those past events, there are “points lines” throughout each of the stages, so racers can win points throughout (and not only at the end) of each stage. This should make for very animated racing.
There are a total of 16 points lines in the 5 stages, and the racer with the most points after 5 stages wins.
First place finishers for men and women will each receive $10,000. Wow! Equal prize payouts, and big ones at that.