Zwift Academy Tri has just been announced, “a premier triathlon training program that helps you take your fitness to the next level.”
Completing the Program
To graduate the Academy, you must first join the Academy! Do that here.
Then, between November 11, 2019 and January 12, 2020 you must:
- Complete the program’s six structured cycling workouts and one cycling race, which is a time trial.
- Complete the four structured run workouts, and one of the running races (there are 5k, 8k, and 10k options).
Along the way you will unlock cool in-game gear as you build fitness with your fellow Academy athletes.
Zwift Academy Tri begins on November 11th and ends on January 12, 2020.
Graduates being considered for the Zwift Academy Tri Team (see below) will advance to a final selection process that runs from January 13 to February 9, 2020.
Zwift will announce the 2020 Tri Team soon thereafter the week of February 10th, 2020.
Zwift Academy Tri Team
Zwift Academy Tri is the best supported amateur team in tri thanks to cutting-edge gear, professional mentorship, and more. The team’s goal is to compete at the 2020 IRONMAN World Championships in Kona.
This is the third season for the ZA Tri team. Six graduates of ZA Tri 2020 will be chosen for the ZA Tri team.
To be eligible for the team, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older on December 31st, 2019
- Graduate Zwift Academy Tri
- Use heart rate monitor for all qualifying events
- Use a smart trainer or power meter and cadence in all qualifying cycling events
- Used a run cadence sensor in all qualifying running events
- Be an amateur triathlete