Last week’s Tiny Races got steeper with each race. This week we’re doing something similar, but we’re using routes that include dirt/sand, just to make things even more interesting.
But before we get to that, let’s look at last week’s honor roll!
Last Week’s Results
A: Joakim Lisson (POAUTO – CeramicSpeed)
B: Gökhan Özbay (BZR)
C: Christopher Beattie
D: Damo (EVO)
A: Jon Werme (eSRT)
B: P. Vignol (FFZ)*
C: Per Bäckström (SZ)
D: Cody Chandler (DraftingDinos)
A: Ethan Watt (AERO)
B: Akihiro Shinki (Valhalla)
C: Nathan Schick (AHDR)
D: Craig Harcombe
*Vignol tied with Jan Itzchaky (DZR) for points, but Vignol gets the win with more 1st place finishes.
This Week’s Races: Dry and Dusty
Each of this week’s races features dirt/sand at key parts of the route. Use it to your advantage by attacking in the dust cloud or choosing a bike that gives you the edge at just the right time.
- Race 1: Fine and Sandy (6.85km, ending at Tidepool Sprint)
Hit the Mech Isle climb early, then it’s a flat, fast ride through Festival Harbor and Mangrove Maze before we take on the beachfront Tidepool Sprint.
- Powerup: Aero Boost (1x)
- Race 2: Seaside Sprint (5.676km, ends at Volcano Circuit arch)
This one is a bit of a roller coaster, starting on The Esses, down across the JWB sprint reverse, down the Dirty Sorpressa, then finishing inside the Volcano on one of Zwift’s most technical and challenging finishes.
- Powerup: Draft Boost (2x)
- Race 3: Serpentine 8 (5.5km, ends on rise climbing out of Mayan cutoff)
This route is tricky in terms of bike choice, because it begins on pavement, is mostly dirt, but finishes on bricks! There’s even a bit of wood thrown in for good measure. Each of these surfaces rolls differently on different bikes, so you need to decide where you want your advantage. Read more about Crr on Zwift for details.
- Powerup: none
- Race 4: Sea to Tree (1 lap, ends at Temple KOM banner)
We saved the biggest climb for last. Get ready to go all-in on this long dirt climb! You could do a bike swap at the bottom, but most riders will probably just start on a gravel rig.
- Powerup: none
Zwift displays preliminary race results in game when you cross the line, but points are computed after all four races are finished, with final results on ZwiftPower. (We have to do some data processing on our side to compute results, so if your rankings don’t show up right away, be patient.)
Riders will earn points based on finish position in each of the 4 Tiny Races. The category winner of each week’s series is the rider with the most points across their timezone’s 4 races. Here are the links for each timezone’s results on ZwiftPower:
- Zone 1 (9am GMT/5am EDT/2am PDT)
- Zone 2 (3pm GMT/11am EST/8am PDT)
- Zone 3 (9pm GMT/5pm EDT/2pm PDT/Sunday 7am AEST)
Tiny Race rules are simple, but still every week 7-10% of registered ZwiftPower racers get disqualified and removed from the final results. Don’t let that be you! Four races, four rules:
- You must have a ZwiftPower account, because final results are processed by ZwiftPower (learn how to sign up)
- No skipping then returning. These races are meant to be raced as a set of 4. If you need to leave early, that’s fine… but once you miss a race in your hour’s set of 4, don’t come back and race another or you’ll be disqualified from that race since you rested while others were racing! (Example: racing only races 1 and 2 is fine. Racing 1, 2, and 4 is not – you will be DQ from race 4. And if you race 2, 3, and 4, you’ll be DQ from all those races, since you skipped race 1!)
- Heart rate monitors are required for podium finishers
- ZPower/Virtual power is not allowed. Smart trainer/smart bike or power meter required.
Join a Chat & Chill Cooldown
Immediately following each hour’s racing, we’ve scheduled 30-minute “Chat & Chill” events where riders from all categories can spin their legs together and chat about how it all went down. Find them at zwift.com/events/tag/tinyraces.
Zwift Insider Kit Unlock
Finish any Tiny Race or a Chat & Chill ride and unlock the Zwift Insider “Ride Smarter // Ride Harder” in-game kit.
Questions or Comments