Last week’s Tiny Races were all on the same route, but each race featured a different powerup. Riders seemed to agree on just one thing: nobody likes the Burrito.
This week we’ve got a lot more variety in our routes, with each race held in a different world and each route featuring a steeper finish than the one before.
But before we get to this week’s routes, we want to give a big congrats to Ruth Stapleton (GXY), who won the overall D podium in zone 1 last week, becoming the second woman in Tiny Race history to grab an overall podium!
Last Week’s Results
A: Christian Kaldbar (GRIT)
B: Marc Swatton (NoPinzR3R)
C: Arne Jorgensen (DBR)
D: Ruth Stapleton (GXY)
A: Pedro Errecart (OTR)
B: Scott Mossop (eSRT)
C: Per Bäckström (SZ)
D: Paulin Z. CJ (TT1)
A: Sam Crofts (DIRT)
B: Are Ribe (Race3R)
C: AJ Isaacs (TFC)
D: R Strachan (Team Electricspirit.co)
This Week’s Races: Getting Pitchy
This week’s races are progressive, starting with a downhill finish, moving to a flat finish, then a slightly uphill finish, and finally a true climbing finish.
- Race 1: Rooftop Rendezvous (1 lap, 6.7km)
The pack will get stretched and snap up the Rooftop KOM, but it’s the descent afterward, and riders’ sense of timing, which will determine who crosses the finish line first.
- Powerup: Aero Boost (1x)
- Race 2: Classique (5.638km, ends at Mall Sprint banner)
This race ends with the iconic Classique sprint, in view of Buckingham Palace. This sprint is all about timing. You can see the banner from a long way out, but when do you go go go?!
- Powerup: Draft Boost (1x)
- Race 3: Champs-Elysees (4.52km, ends at Lutece Sprint banner)
The Tiny Races head to Paris, but we won’t even complete a full lap in this effort! Just the lead-in around Jardin des Tuileries, then it’s gonna be a hard drag up Montée des Champs Elysées to the sprint banner for the finish.
- Powerup: Aero Boost (1x)
- Race 4: Everything Bagel (4.076km, ends at KOM banner)
This one’s for the punchy climbers. Begin on NYC’s paved roads then quickly transition to the glass roads and attack the NYC KQOM Reverse. First person to the top wins!
- Powerup: Feather (1x)
Zwift displays preliminary race results in game when you cross the line, but points are computed after all four races are finished, with final results on ZwiftPower. (We have to do some data processing on our side to compute results, so if your rankings don’t show up right away, be patient.)
Riders will earn points based on finish position in each of the 4 Tiny Races. The category winner of each week’s series is the rider with the most points across their timezone’s 4 races. Here are the links for each timezone’s results on ZwiftPower:
- Zone 1 (9am GMT/5am EDT/2am PDT)
- Zone 2 (3pm GMT/11am EST/8am PDT)
- Zone 3 (9pm GMT/5pm EDT/2pm PDT/Sunday 7am AEST)
Tiny Race rules are simple, but still every week 7-10% of registered ZwiftPower racers get disqualified and removed from the final results. Don’t let that be you! Four races, four rules:
- You must have a ZwiftPower account, because final results are processed by ZwiftPower (learn how to sign up)
- No skipping then returning. These races are meant to be raced as a set of 4. If you need to leave early, that’s fine… but once you miss a race in your hour’s set of 4, don’t come back and race another or you’ll be disqualified from that race since you rested while others were racing! (Example: racing only races 1 and 2 is fine. Racing 1, 2, and 4 is not – you will be DQ from race 4. And if you race 2, 3, and 4, you’ll be DQ from all those races, since you skipped race 1!)
- Heart rate monitors are required for podium finishers
- ZPower/Virtual power is not allowed. Smart trainer/smart bike or power meter required.
Join a Chat & Chill Cooldown
Immediately following each hour’s racing, we’ve scheduled 30-minute “Chat & Chill” events where riders from all categories can spin their legs together and chat about how it all went down. Find them at zwift.com/events/tag/tinyraces.
Zwift Insider Kit Unlock
Finish any Tiny Race or a Chat & Chill ride and unlock the Zwift Insider “Ride Smarter // Ride Harder” in-game kit.
Questions or Comments