We got down and dirty in last week’s Tiny Races, kicking up virtual dust and *cough cough* going all-in for each tough, short race.
This week we’re riding all crit courses, and handing out nothing but anvils. The downhills are gonna be spicy!
Last Week’s Results
A: Joakim Lisson (POAuto – CeramicSpeed)
B: Magnus Wiklund (eSRT)*
C: Mhee Boss (WPJR)
D: Richard Johnston (WTF)
A: JM Lachance (Zwift Quebec)
B: Rainer Beckers (WattFabrik)
C: Guillaume Laforest (Optimum)
D: Dom Sim (Eat&Watt)
A: Graeme Hill (OTR)
B: Hajime Uji
C: Tommy Iversen (DBR)
D: Marcus Scott (DIRT)
B: Mikiton Nakaji (EVO)
C: Libby Graham (PACK)
D: Wendy C (HERD)
B: Josée Rossignol (AEO)
C: Clare Giles (REVO)
D: Linn Björgvik (SZR)
B: Diana Burk (NCVC)
C: Mimi Nowodworski (THO)
D: Liz Taylor (Velocity)
*Magnus beat 2nd place Tristan H by just 1 point. Now that’s a slim margin!
Pack Dynamics v4 Testing Continues
Last week we tried using Pack Dynamics v4, and we’ll use it again this weekend. How did the first races with PD4 go? Tiny Race regular Mark Crane said, “I’ll need to ride some other events with PD4 but if the Tiny Races were any indication, you want to fight for the front like you’re the third monkey on the ramp to Noah’s ark and it’s starting to rain…”
Got feedback on PD4 after your Tiny Races? Share it on this forum topic.
This Week’s Routes: Anvil Crits
Each race this week is held on one of Zwift’s short crit loops, and the only powerup being given out is the Anvil. Four races in four different maps, starting with the most punchy and getting flatter as we go!
- Race 1: Glasgow Crit Circuit (2 laps, 6km)
Our first Tiny Race in Scotland! Brace yourself for big attacks on The Clyde Kicker, dial in your anvil timing on the descents, and make sure you time that final sprint just right.
- Powerup: Anvil (6x)
- Race 2: Volcano Circuit CCW (4.84km, lead-in only)
Most of this course is flattish, but the finish is one of the most technical in Zwift. First you have the longish ramp that saps your legs and encourages early attacks…then there’s still a few hundred meters of twisting, slightly uphill road. Good legs will keep you in contention, but timing will get you the win!
- Powerup: (Anvil 1x)
- Race 3: Downtown Dolphin (3 laps, 5.7km)
Racers know this route well. The question is: who will go long, and can they stay away?
- Powerup: (Anvil 2x)
- Race 4: LaGuardia Loop (2 laps, 7.2km)
A quick lead-in, then 2 hot laps in Central Park. The longest race of the day will still be fast!
- Powerup: Anvil (3x)
Zwift displays preliminary race results in game when you cross the line, but points are computed after all four races are finished, with final results on ZwiftPower. (We have to do some data processing on our side to compute results, so if your rankings don’t show up right away, be patient.)
Riders will earn points based on finish position in each of the 4 Tiny Races. The category winner of each week’s series is the rider with the most points across their timezone’s 4 races. Here are the links for each timezone’s results on ZwiftPower:
- Zone 1 (9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST)
- Zone 2 (3pm GMT/10am EST/7am PST)
- Zone 3 (9pm GMT/4pm EST/1pm PST/Sunday 8am AEDT)
Tiny Race rules are simple, but still every week 8-10% of registered ZwiftPower racers get disqualified and removed from the final results. Don’t let that be you! Four races, four rules:
- You must have a ZwiftPower account, because final results are processed by ZwiftPower (learn how to sign up)
- No skipping then returning. These races are meant to be raced as a set of 4. If you need to leave early, that’s fine… but once you miss a race in your hour’s set of 4, don’t come back and race another or you’ll be disqualified from that race since you rested while others were racing! (Example: racing only races 1 and 2 is fine. Racing 1, 2, and 4 is not – you will be DQ from race 4. And if you race 2, 3, and 4, you’ll be DQ from all those races, since you skipped race 1!)
- Heart rate monitors are required for podium finishers
- ZPower/Virtual power is not allowed. Smart trainer/smart bike or power meter required.
Join a Chat & Chill Cooldown
Immediately following each hour’s racing, we’ve scheduled 30-minute “Chat & Chill” events where riders from all categories can spin their legs together and chat about how it all went down. Find them at zwift.com/events/tag/tinyraces.
Questions or Comments