Last Saturday’s Tiny Races were all based on the “Fast Finishes” theme, and they were fun to watch (and race)! World Tour pro Lawson Craddock showed up for the zone 1 timeslot and seemed to enjoy ripping legs off with some hard attacks. (He finished 3rd overall in the As, but we assume he was just venting a bit after unfortunately missing the World Road Championships in Wollongong due to visa approval issues.)
Want to see what the Tiny Race experience is like? Watch the stream below (best cover art ever!) from Ben Pitt, who finished 4th in the same timeslot as Lawson, including taking the win in race 1:
Congrats to Last Week’s Winners
A: Sébastien Havot (HEX)
B: Magnus Wiklund (eSRT)
C: David Hivey (ART)
D: Stephan Aspfors (SZR)
A: Geoffrey Millour (HEX)
B: Aleksandr Dubs (FFZ)
C: Steven Sijmons (DIRT)
D: WooWoo (HHTT)
A: Fabian D’Evola (dPAC-ELITE)
B: Patrick Davis (DIRT)
C: James (Cryo-Gen)
D: Dom Sim (Team Italy)
A: Nini (CISM GER TRI)
B: Gabriella Nordin (SZ)
C: Jo Graham (CrushPod)
D: Anseb Janke (RCP)
A: Anna Embring (SZ)
B: Naomi de Pennington (Twenty24)
C: Marlies Mejias (Twenty24)
D: Linn Björgvik (SZR)
C: Leanne Dalley (CrushPod)
D: Kim Johnson (Herd)
This Week’s Routes: a Fresh Mix
We’ve got four fresh routes this week, never raced before in our Tiny Race Series. It’s a mix, too, with finishes on dragging climbs, flat sprints, and proper climbs.
Here are photos so you can see the precise location of the custom finish line for race 1:
- Race 1: Hilly Route Reverse (5.6km, ends atop first bit of the Hilly KQOM Reverse)
- This twisty route will take riders through the Esses, over the reverse sprint and the cobbles of the Italian Villas, then over the rollers that follow. Catch a quick breath if you can, because it ends just up the road a few hundred meters after the start of the Hilly KQOM Reverse!
- Powerup: Feather 2x
- Race 2: Everything Bagel (4.076km, ends at NYC KQOM banner)
- This one’s for the punchy climbers. Begin on NYC’s paved roads then quickly transition to the glass roads and attack the NYC KQOM Reverse. First person to the top wins!
- Powerup: Burrito
- Race 3: Countryside Tour (5.261km, ends at Country Sprint banner)
- The flattest race of the week, this one starts with a slight downhill, then it’s essentially pan-flat to the finish. Who will wait for a pack sprint, and who will attack early?
- Powerup: Aero Boost
- Race 4: Champs-Élysées (4.52km, ends at Lutece Sprint banner)
- Our first-ever Tiny Race in Paris, we won’t even complete a full lap in this effort. Just the lead-in around Jardin des Tuileries, then it’s gonna be a hard drag up Montée des Champs Elysées to the sprint banner for the finish.
- Powerup: Ghost
Zwift displays preliminary race results in game when you cross the line, but points are computed after all four races finish, with final results on ZwiftPower. (We have to press a ZwiftPower button to compute results manually, so if your rankings don’t show up right away, just be patient.)
Riders will earn points based on finish position in each of the 4 Tiny Races. The category winner of each week’s series is the rider with the most points across their timezone’s 4 races. Here are the links for each timezone’s results on ZwiftPower:
Join a Chat & Chill Cooldown
Immediately following each hour’s racing, we’ve scheduled 30-minute “Chat & Chill” events where riders from all categories can spin out their legs together and have some fun chatting about how it all went down. Find them at zwift.com/events/tag/tinyraces.
Questions or Comments