While many Zwifters use their smart trainers to detect power, many others own power meters which they use outdoors and on Zwift.
TrainerRoad’s lastest podcast episode is a good one for those interested in learning how these magical power meters really work. Featuring Scott Cooper, Product Manager at 4iiii, the short podcast focuses on the following:
- What is inside a power meter?
- How are power meters calibrated in the factory?
- The difference between zero offset and calibration
- Why is it hard to install a power meter on carbon?
- How does temperature affect the zero offset of a power meter?
- The future of cycling power meters