In this episode, our topics include:
- Getting your diet back on track (2:00)
- Identify where your off track: Content, Timing, Location, preparation
- What has changed: Less processed, how much is on your plate, meal skipping, pre/post workout nutrition
- What are your goals: be mindful of an all or nothing approach, build or recover
- Manage your stress levels
- Create a plan: what can you do to make thing easier
- Article of the week: (22:30): New Hydration Technology to Be Worn by Boston Marathon Participants for the First Time
- Will wearable hydration technology change the way that we train and race?
- Marathoners cross the finish line mildly dehydrated 80 percent of the time
- Nix, a Boston-based company out of the Harvard Innovation Launch Lab, is a single-use biosensor patch with a digital interface that adheres to the skin and is worn on your hand or arm. It monitors your sweat rate and hydration status, providing actionable information in real-time.
- Never give up – Amstel Gold Race. The race is not over until it is over. (32:00)
Recording Date: 04/22/2019