Our friend from down under Shane Miller (GPLama on YouTube) recently posted a video to help Windows-using Zwifters who may be considering upgrading to Windows 11. Shane says, “In this video I cover the upgrade process (fast-tracked), I perform a number of Zwift benchmarks, and show you how to move that start button back over to the LEFT!”
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:02 HP Omen Gaming PC Windows 11 Upgrade
- 1:39 Alienware Alpha R2 Windows 11 Upgrade
- 2:45 CPU Check Bypass (Required for the Alpha R2)
- 3:21 Moving the Windows Start Button to the Bottom Left
- 3:52 Alienware Alpha R2 Zwift Benchmarks
- 4:47 HP Omen Zwift Benchmarks
- 5:09 Upgrade Conclusions
- 5:19 Warnings / Disclaimers / Notes
- 6:41 Wrap Up
- 6:59 Extra Info….
Shane’s average framerate didn’t change after upgrading to Windows 11 on both of his test machines.
He summarizes his findings thus: “I suspect if you have PC that the installation assistant passes all checks and tells you that you can go from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you’re unlikely to have any problems doing this upgrade.”
Questions or Comments?
Have you upgraded your Zwift machine to Windows 11 yet? How’s it performing, if so? Share your experiences below!