ZwiftHQ pushed out a new update to the desktop version of the game last night, with the corresponding iOS updates coming in the next day or two. Based on the last several months, it appears that updates are being released on a fairly regular schedule typically within the first 10 days of each month.
The biggest new feature in this update is avatar customization. The team at Zwift has made a major upgrade to our ability to upgrade our avatar (runners included!), and it is clear from the new interface that additional customization options will be coming down the road.
Here’s what the new interface looks like, along with some details for each option:
Within the first couple minutes of riding in game, you’ll unlock additional wearables:
This update also includes lots of other changes:
- ANT+ FE-C trainer calibration button added for some trainers: this is a good first step towards helping newbies make sure their power numbers are accurate without needing to use a third-party phone app or cycling computer.
- Bluetooth support for calibration on Wahoo and Cycleops smart trainers
- Italian language support added
- Runners can now earn items and level up to level 10
- August mission added
- Graphics slightly improved, ‘floating grass’ fixed
- More options added to your Zwift.com connections page: now pair youra ccount with your Withings scale and MapMyRun / MapMyRide
Game Master Jon Mayfield included this note in the update:
We are continuing to work on our next batch of new roads, improvements to events, and some very exciting Zwift Companion app updates.
Exciting stuff! Keep up the good work, ZwiftHQ!