Zwift HQ has asked us to share the word about an upcoming service outage which will affect access to the game and other Zwift services on all devices.
According to ZHQ, this is being done “in order to upgrade our system performance and stability, ensuring even greater service and reliability for our Zwift community!” It appears to be a major database migration, as impacted services include anything requiring a login such as the game itself, Zwift Companion, and Zwift.com, including the forums.
ZHQ is planning a 4-hour maintenance window for this outage to be safe, but our sources tell us there’s a very good chance service could be restored within 1.5-2 hours. Best not to plan an important ride during the maintenance window, though!
Here is the maintenance schedule by major timezone:
- London: 2:00am – 6:00am GMT | October 27, 2020
- Los Angeles: 7:00pm – 11:00pm PDT | October 26, 2020
- New York: 10:00pm – 2:00am EDT | October 26-27, 2020
- Sydney: 1:00pm – 5:00pm AEST | October 27, 2020
- Tokyo: 11:00am – 3:00pm JST | October 27, 2020
Status updates will be provided via Zwift’s status page.